Sometimes you might want to pay with a card other than you Button Pay (default card.) To do this, you'll need to open the LoopPay app. We call this Tap to Pay or App Pay.
Or, you might run into a merchant who is unfamiliar with LoopPay or has confused it with Apple Pay. Opening the App and showing them your payment card list in the Payment menu, displaying Show ID or Flip Card where you can show your signature and security code, is a great way to address this.
App Pay or Tap to Pay (With the App open)
Using App Pay step-by-step:
- Open the LoopPay App. If requested, enter your 4-digit PIN.
- In the Payment menu, Tap to Open any of your payment cards (except View-Only cards - those cards that aren't stored on your device, they are not transmittable).
Rest or hold the back of your device (logo side down) against the center of the card terminal slot.
Tap the credit card image in the app.
- If you don't get a good transmit, make sure the clerk is ready and re-position the device slightly and Tap your card again. Once you do it a few times, you'll get a feel for where to place your LoopPay device.
Cool Tips for App Pay
This is one of the best features of the LoopPay app,
- Open your App, tap any payment card.
- Tap Show ID
Haven't added your ID yet? We'll show you how.
If you keyed in the security code and your card issuer's phone number when you added your payment card, you can show the back of your credit or debit card to the merchant. If a merchant isn't familiar with LoopPay, this can be very reassuring.
- Open a Payment Card.
- Tap Flip Card (see it circled in orange in the illustration at right). Merchants will be impressed when they see this.
But we're not done showing off.
A real wallet would let you show your card and your signature right? LoopPay has that covered, too.
When you flip your card, you'll see your signature.
1) Tap Settings (upper left of app)
2) Choose Change Profile Info.
3) Enter your password when prompted.
4) Choose Signature at the bottom.
5) Sign your name.
6) Erase if you didn't get it right, and re-try.
7) Tap Save in upper right when finished.
We're still not done showing off!
And this next trick your old wallet could never, ever do.
Dial Customer Service of your Card Vendor
If you keyed in your card vendor customer service number while adding your card......
You can call it directly from the app.
- Tap Flip your Card to see that number.
- Then Tap the phone number.
Would your old wallet do that?
If you didn't add that phone number yet, you can Edit your card and add it.
Tap the card, then tap Edit (notepad/pencil icon) in the upper right of your wallet app screen. And add the number.